Sunday, June 19, 2011

Weekend Laughter

So I know that I JUST posted, but I wanted to let everyone know how much fun we have been having over here. Its been raining for the past few days (on and off, but mostly on). The boys in our house go a little crazy from being kept inside all the time, and they get very goofy. We have been spending a lot of time just making beaded bracelets, and playing marbles, and hanging out. Last night, bedtime was a little insane. Each night, I go in and say goodnight to all the boys in all the rooms. Last night, it was hard getting them to settle down. They were running all over the place, laughing and screaming. One of the boys took the hat I was wearing, and it took three other boys plus me to pry it away from him- he also bit me pretty hard in the process. In response, I poured half my water bottle on him, which turned into a small water fight in the yard (I should probably apologize to the other aunties and uncles for contributing to the chaos... oops). After that, I was finally on my way to bed when I found two of the older boys (Bashil and Drissa) out in the yard. They had put their Ugandan robes (these long, white, dress looking things) on their heads. They claimed to be FBI agents sent to Uganda by Obama- they really looked more like Arab nuns. It was so funny, and I was laughing so much I could hardly breath. Today, it was raining to hard to go to church, so instead we had a church service at home. Sadic played guitar and we all sang- it was super sweet and also nice to be at home with them all. No matter how much these kids annoy me at times, they also bring me so much joy. They fill me up with love every day, while also completely exhausting me in the process. Is this what parenthood feels like? If it is, then its so worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Caitlyn - I only just found your blog but I'm so excited that you're doing this! Thanks for the updates! I'm glad things are turning around a little for you (and they will probably turn and turn again!). Thinking of you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete