Thursday, June 16, 2011

Passion Fruit and Crickets

Passion fruit and deep fried crickets- that is what me and my (African) roommate Maureen are snacking on tonight as we watch Dr. Quinn and talk about boys :) This is a typical night in our room, and I love it. There has been a lot going on here in the past few days, but I will try and update everyone on what God has been doing. So first of all, due to some unforeseen complications, I will be taking the fall off from school. At first, I was shocked and upset that I wasn't going back, but then I realized that it is God's plan. He wants me to take this time off, and I don't know what He will do with the time, but I know it will be okay. Now I have such amazing peace over this decision, I am so thankful God knows what I need more than I do. Secondly, things in Uganda have been very different than I thought they would be. When I came last summer, everything was seen through rose colored glass. All the boys were on their best behavior, and I somehow forgot that they were so broken. Now I see it all the time, every day. They are very broken, and they have a LONG way to go before they will be fully healed- its a job only God can accomplish. I love the street kids, I love seeing them light up every day when they see me. Its a little different with the boys in the house, and I will continue to rely on Jesus to break my heart for them (they have had a hard time since Abby and David got married, and have been less than nice on multiple occasions). I am beginning to remember the main thing I learned last summer, which is that God will use my ministry to fill me up. I do not have to wait for Him to fill me up and then go out- I will keep waiting forever. Today, He used the street boys to fill me up. They love Him, and I love Him, and He loves us all. I don't know if Uganda is the place God has called me (and as the weeks go by, I am thinking more and more it is not...) but I do know that He will not waste my time here. He has a plan, and that plan is as much for me as it is for these kids. No matter what, I will cling to and trust in my King. He is my Father who loves me, who created me with love and patience, and He is so good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment