Saturday, June 18, 2011

In Love Again

So the past few weeks, I have been praying constantly that God would draw me near to Him. I wanted to feel His Spirit close to me, and to fall deeper in love with Jesus. Its finally happened (I think I may have said that in my last post). I feel God with me, in my work, in all I do. I see Him moving in my friendships, and in the lives of these precious boys. I have only one thought about all of this- how lucky am I?? I certainly do not deserve to be loved by Jesus. I am the one who pulls away from Him; He is my constant King, the same 'I Am' of Abraham and Moses. His love for me NEVER changes, but my heart wanders away from Him. So, in an attempt to bring me back, the God of the universe pursues and courts my love and affection every day. What kind of love is that? I am so thankful that He never gives up on me, and never stops trying to win my affection. Thank you Jesus!!!
 Tonight we had a party for Amanda's birthday, and we invited some of the street kids. As I sat in this very small, one room apartment with 20+ street boys, I realized how much I adore them- they are SOOO sweet and funny and deserve so much love. And as I was walking through the slums tonight, I remembered why I loved Uganda in the first place- I love watching Jesus move here. For the first time, I wondered if maybe I am not going to be ready to come home in August after all. This is a very dramatic change from the Caitlyn three days ago, who was contemplating coming home early. Oh man, what is God doing with me??? I won't know the answer to that for awhile, I am sure. What I do know is that I can finally feel Him right next to me, guiding my steps. And no matter where He leads me, I will follow. I will follow the Lamb wherever He goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment