Saturday, November 3, 2012

This Family

So, Bombo is my getaway each week. I LOVE street programs, and hanging out with friends in Kampala, and all the things that go with living in the city. The boys on the streets are just as near and dear to my heart as my Forever Home boys (my heart breaks from loving them). But I also really love the village on the weekends. Its so relaxing for me, each week, driving out. I get to roll the windows down, and sing in my car. And the village is beautiful, which I also really love. Trees and grasslands, and sunsets and bright stars.
But mostly, I love the village because its where our A.P.I. family gathers. All our boys, our Forever boys. And all our staff, me and Abby and David and Amy, plus all our land aunts and uncles. And we have fun, and its family.

Last weekend was a super fun time. There was a huge rain storm, and it poured for over and hour. And all the boys were at our younger boys home, as well as all our staff (and wonderful visitors). We were out on the veranda playing cards, when all the sudden the sky opened up. Some of the boys decided to  jump on the trampoline in the rain, which is always fun. Then David decided to get in on the action. Within two seconds they were soaked through, but all having a blast. David then rallied all the boys to carry uncles Sam and Peter out in the rain, and pretty soon all our grown up uncles were jumping in the storm like children. It was so much fun to watch. The rest of the afternoon was filled with arm wrestling contests between boys and uncles, and other shenanigans. After awhile, the veranda was completely flooded with an inch of water, and uncle Peter decided to lead a “praise God for the rain” dance party on it. We turned on music, and all the boys started dancing...but they all kept slipping and falling because of all the water, and it was hilarious.

Everyone was laughing and screaming and it was a blast. And it made me so thankful, that we can have these homes. That all these boys can be rescued, and come into our family. That we can have a safe place for them, with people who love them. That they can be children! That they can play and shout and get dirty and wet; that they can be themselves. Its amazing what God is doing here, how He is building His Kingdom in our little village.

 In this small country in East Africa, God is very present. His love is overflowing, and through randomly assembled team of Christ lovers, He is changing lives. I am so blessed to be part of this adventure.

David and Monday wrestling

David and the boys dragging Peter out into the rain

Precious Regan, completely happy and totally soaked

All our boys (young and old) playing together

1 comment:

  1. Caitlyn, you paint such a beautiful picture of the brokenness but also the hope in Jesus through your blog. Thanks once again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete