Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Here at Home

So I am sitting in my new living room, with my new friend Lauren. Its beautiful and peaceful, with a big garden and green lawn. Later, I am going to search for a puppy with Abby and David. Thursday I have teams coming, and programs. The women are graduating, and we are going to the land, and life is moving so fast, but I am just so excited that I am peaceful.

Three days ago, I was SO AFRAID that I had made the wrong choice about moving. During my flight, and my layover in Dubai I was so homesick it actually hurt. I cried and cried, and it felt like my heart would never heal. I was angry with God, because He made me fall in love with two places and peoples, and I felt like I would never have peace about it. Before I boarded my flight to Entebbe, I called my mom and told her that if I still felt so upset I wasn't staying, I couldn't do it.

I want to acknowledge that God knows me much better than I do, better than everyone. Knowing this doesn't always make it easy to trust Him, but I always should. The moment I stepped off the plane, I literally felt a wave of peace wash over me. As my plane was landing, I looked out my window and thought "I'm home" and it was so natural. I got off the plane and ate pizza with Abby and David and it was perfect. And I set up my room, and unpacked everything. It hurts a little bit because I look around and see my things so permanently in my room and its not in the home with my family, but this is so right.

I will post more later, and everyone should know that my internet is being temperamental. I don't have much to report on because I have only been to programs once, and haven't seen my kids from our homes at all yet. But seeing the ladies was amazing, and being back at street programs was also great! I am excited to get to know a new group of boys, and watch God transform their lives. But I just wanted to post and say that I am here, and safe, and really happy. Thanks for all your prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment