Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Little Updates

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I didn't realize how long it had been, but honestly things here are happening so fast and time just zooms by. First I should say that I got REALLY sick; like I thought I was sick before. Nothing compared to this time though- it was a bacterial infection and now I am on antibiotics and feeling so much better (I thought I was going to die- I was just sitting at the clinic crying because my body ached so bad). But now I feel super fine. Other things to talk about? Abby and David are back in ministry. I think the transition is going to be a little hard for everyone to adjust to, but I am SOOOO glad to have them home. I super missed having them around, and I love this awesome, godly couple who adore these kids so much. We are having some major problems with one of the boys in the home, and he had the choice of either shaping up his attitude or facing some life changing consequences. If people at home could say a little prayer for him, that he would be able to change in the time we gave him, because I really love this boy and don't want him to be hurt by his stubbornness. Another prayer request is that we would find a new way to meet with the kids on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The pastor of Grace Fellowship Church in Kivulu has told us we cannot meet those days in the church, meaning that we are canceling those days of programs. They are my favorite days because they are so relaxed, and its nice to see/ feed the boys every weekday. We have a team coming tomorrow, and I am really excited to be able to introduce a group of high school kids to Uganda! Blaa... so ya, those are all my little ramblings, daily life over here. Each day, I fall in love with my kids more and more.There are a few new boys at programs  (its really like 30 new boys, which is such a praise!!!!) and one of them is called Joshua. He is only 6, and has the most adorable little giggle you've ever heard. Its hard seeing any child on the streets, but the little boys are the hardest. Its so obvious he needs a mother, and so much more. All I can do is love him as hard as I can, for as long as I can, and trust that God will provide the rest. Because God is good, all the time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment