Friday, March 22, 2013

Update on Waswa

My precious boy <3
Miracles happen.

Waswa is proof. A few months ago, he didn't love anyone. He was unreachable, and unknown (if you want to read about how I first came to know/love Waswa, you can read about it here.)


Today after street programs, Waswa informed me that he is shifting from Kisenyi to Kivulu (meaning he is moving). Now, I know it may not seem like such a big deal, I mean, he is a street kid. He moves around all the time, and it doesn't seem very important that he decided to stay in one slum over another. But its a huge deal, because it represents a much bigger heart change that is happening in Waswa. His decision to stay in Kivulu is because he wants to be near Grace church and our programs. He has been coming to every single program since I returned (including our Tuesday/Thursday bible study which doesn't even have food). He wants to be near us, near me. He wants to surround himself with other boys who come to our programs. Boys who don't do so many drugs, and who attend Grace church on Sunday mornings too. He is staying with our "core group" of oldest boys (Kasozi, Able, Big and Innocent). They have taken Waswa under their wings, and are helping him as he leaves his old ways behind in Kisenyi. 

He laughs now! All the time. He plays with the other boys, and bosses them around :) And he is still just as sweet as ever; always at my side, needing me to go with him. Almost like a toddler, wandering into the world. He is getting there, but he needs his home base, checking back in just to know I am there. I could talk about him for ages, all the sweet and funny things he does. All the insights into his personality I am getting as he blooms into this bright new boy.
There is honestly new light in his eyes!
Its almost unbelievable, except I have seen God do it before. Its confirmation that He is on my side, and that His love heals all things. That through Him, this is all possible. Waswa is hope, and an encouragement to me when things seem hard. I am in wonder at the work God is doing in him.




No comments:

Post a Comment