Wednesday, March 27, 2013

True Story

Today my heart is full of sadness. Not because of anything specific, or because of any particular event. Although I see it every day, that doesn’t make me numb to it. I am sad because God’s beautiful sons are lost, and on the streets.

These are children. Little boys! And they are LOST. And this is real.

And I am sad because they are living in filth, they are covered in it. The filth of garbage, and their own feces. The filth of living, breathing and surviving the streets.

I am sad because they are hungry. The kind of clawing, desperate hunger that not many Americans will ever understand. The kind of hunger that is never ending, because a slice of bread or even beans and rice a few times a week won’t fill it. The kind of hunger that causes permanent damage, because malnutrition scars for life.

My heart breaks because they are hurting! They’re hearts are broken. They come from broken families, and the streets offer only more pain. They are children, who need parents to comfort them. To hug them, and hold them close.

And the above is just the beginning. My kids face sexual assault, prison, beatings, and so many other horrors. These are real little boys, with real faces. They have stories, and they were loved by somebody at one point in time. They faced real loss, and they cry real tears. 

 God has a divine plan for each of His children, and living on the streets is not part of it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment