Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mom Visits/ Q&A

So this week has been extra special. My mom is in Uganda, and it has been a joy and blessing to show her my life here. I know its hard for her at times, and my life is anything but “normal” by any American standards. But its mine, and showing it to her means the world to me. That she can put faces and images to places and people I have talked about the past few years is incredible. And she can meet my kids, and see my home (it still freaks me out sometimes, that I have a children’s home!). My mom is the best mother I know, and I love her so much. I learned everything I know about being a good mom from her, and though I practice it in a VERY different context, I still use it every day. I am so blessed and happy to have her here (for Mothers Day!!), and I cannot say how much it means to me that she would brave the journey. That is truly love :)

On another note, we are putting together files for my kids (their API official files). Its just to keep records, and also to gather information about them. We had to ask a lot of hard, personal questions about their back stories. In addition, we collect “random” info to send to their sponsors in America as well as just to get to know them. I wanted to post some of my boys sweet/funny answers. I love my kids!

What is your favorite animal and why?

Joseph: A pig because it is so sweet (not sure if he is referring to the personality of a pig, or how it tastes. I am guessing the second...)

Sabote: An elephant because it looks good to me, and is pleasant.

Alex: A lion because it has a lot of strength. I want to have a lion heart.

Waswa: A cow. I like rearing cows because they are of importance since you get milk out of them.

How would you describe yourself?

Alex: I love people, especially those who take me for who I am. I also love adventure.

Waswa: I am respectful and compassionate, loving God’s people and His word.

What is special about Joseph’s House?


Alex: Because I have a big, loving and caring family.

Waswa: The home looks beautiful and special, and we can even help more street kids who are on the streets.

What have you learned about God recently?

Joseph: That when you pray, he answers prayers. I prayed to get a home to stay in and He gave me my request. I also prayed that I would go back to school and now we have a teacher who teaches us from home.

Alex
: God is so good, loving and cares for those in need. He never forgets his own people since I have been on the streets for 7 years, even going in many homes until finally it seems I like He has got for me a perfect home where I fit.

Waswa: God does wonders because He has enabled me to come to a home, helping me out of the various temptations street kids encounter on the streets.

How can people pray for you?


Joseph: Pray that I study well, and that I will be good to the people in charge of me at home.

Sabote: That I keep studying well, and get a chance to build my own church and become a pastor when I grow up.

Alex: That I grow up in the fear of God. And that I get all the promises that He says He will give me (this is a theme we have been learning about in devotions each night, inspired by the story of Joseph in the Bible).

Waswa: That our house will be blessed, I always think a lot about where I have been, so pray for me that the devil will not pull me back to his tricks which leads to destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment