Monday, August 15, 2011

Feels Like Home

This week at camp has been amazing so far, and its only the first full day. For those at home who can picture me, imagine me doing these things...

Swimming in Lake Victoria. Jumping off the dock with 10 little kids. In the shallow part, teaching them to dogie paddle and how to float (an excellent exercises in trust!)
Lounging in the grass, watching the kids that I adore so much play endless football, my hair loose and my face warmed by the sun.
Watching the sun set over the lake, marveling at how a sunset can be so many colors. Then after it gets dark, standing out on a veranda in my sweatshirt, watching a lightning storm over the water (breathtaking).
Singing and dancing to African music by a campfire on the beach. My kids are all around me, and we are laughing and praising Jesus is a totally fun African way!

I am pretty sure that in all of those instances, the look/ word to describe me would be "pure joy". Its a joy that comes from Jesus Himself, and I know this because my headache came back full force yesterday (oh well...). But there is still no place in the world I would rather be. God gave me a deep love for my family, friends, and Davis. But if home is where the heart is, then I truly have two homes. Uganda and these kids have completely captured me- my heart sings with joy.

Joy for my Creator who gives all. Joy for the wonderful, supportive family I come from. Joy for the new adventures life is bringing me. Joy for Uganda and its beauty. And joy for my precious little boys

No comments:

Post a Comment